For the past 25 years, our alumni and friends have made our initiatives, programs, and funding awards possible. Be a part of the extended PSC family as we enable MIT students to serve the nation and the world.
How can you get involved with the PSC?
- Mentor and advise students and teams undertaking a public service project. Work directly with students as an advisor, mentor, or consultant: in person or via email, at MIT or in the field, for a class project or for an independent individual or group project. Contact the PSC.
- Serve as a local welcoming committee for students doing service in your city. If we send a student your way, perhaps you can help them figure out where to stay safely, share a meal with them, or offer them some practical advice. Contact the PSC.
- Register for the IDEAS Global Challenge and volunteer as a mentor or reviewer for the IDEAS Global Challenge. We rely on volunteers to fill a variety of roles throughout the competition lifecycle. Learn more.
- Our Leadership Council offers help and insight that contributes to the mission of the PSC. If you are interested in learning more about the Leadership Council, contact the PSC.
Talk about the Public Service Center (and talk to us, too)
Share information about PSC programs and student accomplishments with your organization or local alumni club. Work with us to arrange for MIT student service leaders or a member our staff to present at your next gathering. It’s a great way to learn more about the great service projects and accomplishments of MIT students and to learn more about how your organization can get involved with public service at MIT.
Also, be sure you talk to us:
- Inform us about work in your community that MIT students can tackle, whether you live in San Francisco, Sri Lanka, or Senegal. MIT students can only apply their ingenuity to issues they know about — so help us all learn. Student projects range from inventing a new village-level solar collection system in Lesotho to establishing a new hands-on science program in Cambridge.
- Post your community service opportunities in our weekly bulletin for the MIT community.
Learn more about the Public Service Center
If you would like to learn even more about the PSC, be sure to explore all of our opportunities on our main website, and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, be sure to:
- Sign up for “Beyond the Infinite,” our annual newsletter.
- Register on the IDEAS Global Challenge site to learn more about teams, participate in voting for community choice awards, and offer help to current teams.
- If you are a member of the MIT campus community, sign up for our weekly e-bulletin, which features many one-time and ongoing opportunities for public service in the Boston area and beyond.